The new WTBDMJS16 is the latest low cost Freescale microcontroller programming / debugging tools supporting the S08, S12 and CFV1 devices.
Now supporting firmware v4.12.1
This version provides many advanced features in a very small package.
A single BDM interface for programming and debugging of the following targets:
- HCS12 (including those without SYNC feature)
- Coldfire V1
- Codewarrior V10.1/2 (Eclipse version) Tested on Windows-XP-32bit, Windows-7-32bit, Windows-7-64bit and Ubuntu-32-bit
- Codewarrior Legacy versions Codewarrior Development Studio for HCS12(X) V5.1 & CW for Microcontrollers V6.3 (RS08 is not supported).
Tested on Windows-XP-32bit, Windows-Vista-32bit
Support for CodeSourcery Lite for Coldfire Tested on Windows-XP-32bit
Trimming of target internal clock (Eclipse version or standalone programming tools only).
HCS12, HCS08, Coldfire V1specific features:
- 5V power to target board (do not populate VCC pin if target supplies power)
- Target reset detection & control (required for HC12 processors). This allows HC12 processors to be reset into BDM mode as required for debugging.
- A higher BDM interface speed than the existing JB16 OSBDMs. Up to 56MHz. (BDM clock 28MHz).
- Automatic re-connection.
- The software has an option to continuously update the interface speed to prevent loss of communication if the target BDM interface speed changes (as may occur with clock changes on some targets).
- Control of BDM clock selection in HC12/HCS08/Coldfire microcontrollers.
- Most of these targets provide an alternative BDM clock selection.
- This can have advantages when connecting to high speed targets as the alternative clock may operate at a lower speed.
- Trial-and-error determination of communication speed for earlier HC12 targets.
- User prompting for target supply cycling with BKGD low as may be needed for HCS08 targets
Additional features Include:
- USB full speed Internal flash memory programming
- Read/write registers
- Read/write memory locations
- Single step
- Step into
- Step over
- Step out
- Breakpoint/watchpoint control
- Conditional breakpoints
- And much more…
A FREE Special Edition of Freescale’s Codewarrior development tools can be downloaded directly from the Freescale web site.http://www.freescale.com
The WTBDMJS16 used with Freescale’s Codewarrior development tools gives you a professional development platform for the S08*, S12 and CFV1 family of microcontrollers for LESS THAN $30.
Note: Freescale’s FREE Special Edition Codewarrior development tools are available for download from the Freescale web site.
* programming of the RS08 devices is not supported. **product color and style subject to change** download the quickstart quide: WTBDMJS16_QS_S_v4.12