The WTUSBDM_CF_JM_CLD is a low cost Freescale microcontroller programming / debugging tools supporting the S08, S12 and CFV1,2,3&4, ARM and DSC devices. Now shipping with version #4.12.3.
- A single BDM interface for programming and debugging of the following targets:
- HCS12 (including those without SYNC feature (e.g. 9S12DP256B)
- Coldfire V1 microcontrollers
- Coldfire V2, V3 & V4 microcontrollers
- Kinetis ARM-Cortex microcontrollers
- MC56F80xx Digital Signal Controllers (Limited range of devices in CW 10 & stand-alone programmer)
- Codewarrior V10.x (Eclipse version)
- Codewarrior Legacy versions
- Codewarrior Development Studio for HCS12(X) V5.1 & CW for Microcontrollers V6.3
- Initial support for CodeSourcery Lite for Coldfire
- Trimming of target internal clock (Eclipse version or standalone programming tools only).
- Higher USB communication speed
- Vista compatible
- Linux compatible
- The Firmware in the BDM may be automatically updated using an in-circuit-programming (ICP) feature.
- HCS12, HCS08, Coldfire V1 specific features:
- Target reset detection & control (required for HC12 processors). This allows HC12 processors to be reset into BDM mode as required for debugging.
- A higher BDM interface speed than the existing JB16 OSBDMs. Up to 56MHz. (BDM clock 28MHz).
- Automatic re-connection. The software has an option to continuously update the interface speed to prevent loss of communication if the target BDM interface speed changes (as may occur with clock changes on some targets).
- Control of BDM clock selection in HC12/HCS08/Coldfire microcontrollers. Most of these targets provide an alternative BDM clock selection. This can have advantages when connecting to high speed targets as the alternative clock may operate at a lower speed.
- Selection of 3.3V and 5V target supply
- Trial-and-error determination of communication speed for earlier HC12 targets.
- User prompting for target supply cycling with BKGD low as may be needed for HCS08 targets
- Coldfire V2,3,4 specific features and limitations
Note: this device does not support the programming of the RS08 devices due to a limitation of the RS08 microcontroller.
Download the quickstart guide here: WTUSBDM_CF_JM_CLD_QS_v4.12.1